7:20 AM

Freezer

Since the Sara Lee Deal I've been dying to get some extra freezer space. Beside just the huge sales that I'm not able to fully stock up on...I can't buy extra chicken when it is half price, I can't buy extra ice cream when it's on sale, and those two things we go through TONS of. It makes me crazy to pay $5 for a carton of ice cream when I know it was on sale for $3 the week before, but I didn't have any extra space. Currently, I would have a ton of frozen Green Giant vegetables (for 20 cents each) if I had a place to put them.

So, I placed a free classified ad in our community's website...no luck. Only one person had an extra freezer/fridge to sell and it was old, nasty, and rusty. They wanted $300 for it. Yeah riiiiight. So I started researching freezers online, and checked a few different places locally. I decided on this one...I looked at chest freezers and upright freezers. I'm really short, so I decided on an upright for easier organization, and my ability to reach stuff. There was no difference in energy usage or price between the 2 styles. Home depot is having a 10% off sale. Also, I went with this model instead of one model smaller because free delivery on the larger one made the price difference very small. The other reason I went with this one instead of a cheaper one was that I wanted a frost-free and that feature is not available on the really cheap ones.

1 comments:

Shauna said...

I like the upright. You will love having a freezer for stocking up.