4:00 PM

Target and Walgreens 1/8

I was not in a bargain shopping mood today, but I had an hour between picking up kids, and I was driving right past Target and Walgreens, so I stopped in to fill the time.Walgreens: $5 register reward printed on $15 worth of Skippy Peanut Butter (we go through a lot, and the coupon clippers had a limit on how many Peter Pan coupons I could order, so even though these were not as good a deal, I got them anyway.) I was there to pick up 5, 8oz Hand Sanitizers. For buying 5, I will get $10 back on this month's easy saver rebate. 5 only cost $7.50, so a $2.50 profit. That rolls in to make my peanut butter cheaper (in my mind). So, I spent around $22.50 total, but $15 of that comes back. So, if you are figuring net cost...$7.50.
Until the 10 Electrasol coupons I ordered arrive, I only had 1 to use. I figured since the Huggies sale ends in 2 days, and I had some printed $3/2's still in with my coupons, I might as well use them. Especially since I still had time to waste before gettting B, and our Target and Walgreens are next to each other. So, I got 4 more tubs, 4 more travel packs, and my Electrasol (sale 3/$8). Used 4- $3/2 Huggies coupons, 1- $1 Huggies coupon, 1-$2.25 Electrasol coupon. Final cost: $1.47, paid with one of my many Target gift cards (I've still got $30 in gift cards from the Oust Candles and the cases of Diapers), so spent: ZERO. Zero is always fun. That's 2 days in a row. CVS was zero yesterday.

1 comments:

Emilyah said...

Target gift cards are the best, I love them! We get them with our credit card points. In the last 2 months I think we've used $280 in target giftcards - a good potion of that has gone to Huggies and the rest to Nathanael's Christmas presents, etc.