9:50 AM

Switching Organization Methods

I've used 3 different methods for organizing coupons over the years. All 3 have had definite weak points, which eventually drives me to take long breaks from couponing entirely. Here are the 3...

1. clipping only the coupons I will probably use. Pro-easy to organize. Con-miss tons of great "deals" that come up unexpectedly.

2. coupon binder with baseball card holders. Pro-easy to find coupons. Con-inevitably get backed up with piles of coupons to file, that never get filed, which defeats the purpose of the system.

3. saving whole inserts. Pro-no excessive clipping/filing. Con-I threw away a lot of coupons that I would have used on my regular items, if I had been able to "see" them.

My coupon binder has already started to suffer from the drawbacks of that system, and I am getting frustrated by it. Time to make a change for the new year. So, for 2008 I will be starting to copy a system used by a lady who posts on a message board thread that I read occasionally. Here is a link to her system. Hopefully the link will work. I see that she has found a way around the main drawback of the "whole inserts" system. This is the simplest system I have used, and other than missing out on my regular grocery item type coupons, it was my favorite. Because of the lack of clipping. I think the indexed list may make this my system that sticks. We shall see.

2 comments:

Emilyah said...

I'm going to have to look at that link because my coupon system isn't working for me anymore! I was going to do the baseball card holder thing since you mentioned that awhile back but I won't bother now. Thanks for the new info.

Emilyah said...

I couldn't get the link to take me to the appropriate location.