5:44 AM

So, Are You Running Out of Ink Yet?

From printing all your "free money". Ink is stinking expensive. I found a solution, and it doesn't involve refilling cartridges. I tend to use my Canon i960 photo printer (we have 3 printers because we are insane, but that has already been established) almost exclusively for photo projects for church and for printing coupons. For these 2 purposes, I decided that I do not need to buy the expensive ink, because I do not need these printouts to last 100 years. (Especially when upon finally submitting a single receipt for reimbursement for ink and photo paper, which was a fraction of what I had used on church photo projects, I got the stunned avoidance at the sheer cost of ink, then the person lost my receipt, so no reimbursement.) But now I'm just rambling.

I ordered knock off ink cartridges for my printer on ebay. So for $9 (plus shipping) I bought 12 ink cartridges from this seller. My Canon takes 6 separate ink cartridges all of which normally cost me $12 each. So, I got 2 refills of every cartridge. That's a cost of $15 total vs. a regular cost of $144. I've had them in my printer for about a month now, and they work perfectly. No complaints.

0 comments: