12:08 PM

Bargain Run 12/31

I had some coupons expiring today that I wanted to use. I also had a few more days before Daniel has to go back to work. So, I left the little people at home and went on a whirlwind bargain run. I'm finally starting to feel better today after 4 days of being sick. Here are my scores...CVS was out of all 3 things I went there to get. The other bargain hunters must have cleared them out yesterday. Not shopping on Sundays is rough sometimes in the bargain world. I had $12.50 in ECB's expiring tomorrow though...so I shopped the 75% off Christmas clearance, and used a $5/$15 coupon. So my total for all this was...$2.78. And, a $5 ECB printed out because of a survey they emailed me a few weeks ago that I completed.
Items purchased:
2ft pre-lit tree
3 pkgs gift tags
3 pkgs Christmas photo cards
Misc Candy
2 Christmas gift tins
4 large rolls wrapping paper
2 window decorations
2 bags of bows
2 playdoh playsets with cutters (gave to B&J when I got home)Walgreens. I used my gift card from some rebates, 2 haircolor coupons (1 store, 1 manu), 2 Glade candle coupons, 1 Excedrin coupon, 2 Nabisco coupons. Total spent: $14...total rebate to submit on this $15 for the Jan Easy Saver.
Target. My most glorious trip of the day. This took multiple transactions to accomplish, but it was well worth it. To break it down per item...
-12 boxes of Huggies wipes/washes used Target coupons $3/2 and manu coupons-about $1 total
(I'm officially done using up all my manu huggies coupons. So, I think I'm done with this deal)

-4 cases of Huggies diapers size 3&4. $3/2 Target, $1-1.25 Manu on each, $5 gift card generates every 2 boxes. So basically, $11 per box (full price $26)...this deal is approx equivalent to paying less than $5 per bag for 10 of the jumbo packs.

-4 3pks of Post-its. Didn't want the hassle of overage issues so I just got a bigger pack, paid $2.76 for 12 Post-it pads.

-10 cans of Campbells chicken noodle & tomato soup. Sale 5/$3, manu coupons .50 off 5 x 2, Target coupons .50 off 2 x 4...paid $3 total for 10 cans.

-Santa suit for the new baby (for next year)- $3 on clearance

That was intense. I'm done for the week...probably ;-)

4 comments:

Emilyah said...

I almost bought the Santa suit today too. (no, I'm not preg. yet) I still need to go do that soup deal and get 2 more boxes of diapers. They screwed up my total today so I have to get that adjusted. Our store had a handful of the Natural care wipes so I snagged one of those with a pack of the washcloths and paid .13 for both.

I wasn't sure about the size 4 diapers, but if you bought them then I am pretty certain I'll need that size eventually for N since he is already over 18 lbs!

Awesome deals you go today!! I'm so overwhelmed- I got my first Sunday paper coupons yesterday (a Christmas gift from Nik) and I haven't had the time to figure out the best deals b/c everyone has the same stuff on sale!

Erika said...

All of my girls have gone straight from 3's to training pants. But, I think L might actually go to the size 4, before I bother with the training pants. I started putting B&J in pull-ups too early, which was kind of a waste. That's why I got a couple of the 4's. If she doesn't end up using them. I'm sure "the boy" will probably be a smidge bigger than the girls, and will need a 4 eventually.

Erika said...

The top shelf of the baby's closet is entirely full of 52 tubs of wipes and tons of diapers. I'm going to store L's cases under the crib. Those should run out around April. Time to clean out the upstairs linen closet! It's just a cluttered mess and could have tons more room if I organized it.

Pam said...

Used all your Target deals, just need them to start more diapers and wipes...just wish coupon clippers had more Huggies coupons.