1:51 PM

Insane Target Deals

Total cost: $79.10. My total after coupons: $26.32. Total Target Gift Cards that they gave me for the Wisp Candles: $20. Real cost: $6.32 (if you want to calculate it that way...but I usually count gift cards and things on the back end, when I use them)
*I promise not to get anymore wipes until the shelves are fully restocked.

I really am trying to control myself. It is SO HARD! So, now that the Huggies Target coupon of my dreams has been validated by multiple sources, I've lost my mind. I haven't even gotten the 34 manufacturer coupons that I ordered yet, and I still found another way to work the deal for free. I did spread myself to 2 Targets today and only got a few packages at each one. I did not clear the shelves.

So, I forgot to pick up a teacher gift for B's teacher while I was out yesterday. Tomorrow is her last day of school for the year, so I needed to get something today. Since Target has been so good to me lately, I decided to buy her a gift card from there (I try to support the stores that give me great bargains by actually buying regular things there...like filling my prescriptions at CVS).

But I digress. So, I realized that pairing a regular box of wipes ($2.39) with a travel pack of wipes (.97) would also be a valid deal with the coupon. Even if you don't have any manufacturer coupons to pair with (I blew mine out yesterday and it will be a few days until my ordered ones arrive) In order to make them totally free...you can also use this $3 off the purchase of 2 post-its coupon. If you use it on the $1.19 pack of post-its, it generates .60 cents of overage. So, each set of 2 post-its and 2 packs of wipes purchased will be free. I did not fully take advantage of this. I only got 4 packs of post-its instead of 8. I was trying to show restraint.

This worked beautifully at the first Target I stopped at today. The second Target, I got a grouchy cashier who somehow screwed up the whole overage business, so I just didn't get the post-its there. It's hit or miss with coupons. No guts, no glory. By the way, the friendly cashier at that Target, which is a few minutes down the road from my regular Target, said that they have no limit on the Target printables (my close Target limits to 4 identical, which is fine with me, but still good to know).

The other bargain I worked today. Glade Wisp Flameless Candles. Target is giving away a $5 Target gift card with every one you buy. Well, you can print out a buy one get one free coupon here. They are on sale for $9.78. You see what I'm getting at here...free. Both Target's I went to had plenty left.

Misc. items pictured that I had good coupons for: Purell, Scented Oil Candle, Wisp Refill, Archer Farms Snack Mix

Also, as a final note. Somehow the super friendly cashier at the 1st Target didn't get my buy one get one free coupon scanned in. So, I called Target customer service when I got home. The woman was SUPER nice. Like, above and beyond the standard of phone customer service requirements. I told her what happened, gave her my receipt ID number. Also told her, I'm sure there was probably nothing she could do, but I just wanted to check. It's not like I could prove that I had a B1G1F coupon, and she stuck it in her drawer for reimbursement without crediting me. She happily mailed me right out a $10 gift card with no problem. So, I'm loving Target's phone customer service. I made sure to tell her that.

6 comments:

Emilyah said...

We don't even really like Huggies wipes (they are our least favorite) but free wipes... you bet I'll be making a LOT more trips to Target in the coming days and weeks! Today I spent $5.18 (except I had a GC from our credit card points so I didn't "pay" anything), but I also purchased Huggies swim diapers on clearance as 2 of my items and that kept my total higher. This is so fun that it's sickening, but woo hoo for awesome deals! I also utilized my Purell coupon today and got a 4oz. bottle for just .44!
Thanks for the heads up on your deal today; I'm going to copy it tomorrow at both of our Targets... if I can take N out since he is quite sick, no deal is worth him being more miserable than he is! :(

superherotrainer said...

Quick question the weekly coupons at Target are only up for the week, but last longer than they are up, correct? So you should print out as many as you want for the future weeks. Am I right on this? I so wish we had a super Target near us. I was so excited to get 16 boxes of cereal (over 2 visits) for around $18 at Kroger this week between their deal and coupons. Now where to store them. I am really enjoying your blog, you have got me motivated to save money. I have saved so much money since I got serious about couponing, especially at CVS.

Emilyah said...

M, I use Super Target coupons all the time at regular Target b/c we don't have a Super Target and on the baby cheapskate blog I read a Target employee said they are supposed to accept ST coupons at regular Target. I hope it works for you too.

Erika said...

Yes, according to Target corporate policy, they are supposed to accept Supertarget coupons at any regular Target, as long as they carry that product in their Target. You may have to get customer service involved though.

Also, Target.com only keep them up for a week, but you can print them from afullcup.com up until they expire.

I also bought 16 boxes of cereal super cheap in the past week between Target and Kroger. Especially since the Kroger deal was working on ALL general mills cereal, not just the 4 listed in the ad. By the time I got around to shopping Kroger on Saturday the 4 from the ad were wiped out.

P.S. M- You didn't put a date on your email, for what date/day of the week you wanted to do the get together, so it still isn't planned. You did give me a time 2-3pm, which is fine...but what day?

Emilyah said...

Our store has a GM cereal deal going on right now too! I got 8 boxes of cereal with coupons and the store gave $6 off your total for every 4 boxes you bought. I spent $20 on 8 boxes of cereal, 4 yogurts, 6 bags of rhodes rolls, carrots, pears, bananas and I think something else too but I can't remember. Saved 47%, again (I saved 49% last month). I started using coupons when I was pregnant with N and this is seriously addictive!

I wonder if Kristina knows about this coupon?

Emilyah said...

OK, I went to Target and got:

4 tubs wipes
4 packages wipes
4 wisps candles
1 pkg. hot dog buns

Total: $25.79
Paid with GC: 15.08
Paid OFP: 10.71

Receieved: $20 of Target Giftcards



I DO NOT recommend trying the post-it's deal!! The cashier made me feel like a criminal and said the coupons can't be used b/c the packages didn't equal $3. Maybe you'll get lucky like Erika did. I felt weird walking around with a cart full of stuff knowing I wasn't going to be paying much. I choose my cashier b/c he was a man and I thought he wouldn't pay as much attention as a woman- wrong! At least I now know how many coupons you can use- it's 4 of each and the limit is 6 items or something like that, I didn't understand what he meant about the 6 items thing. Does anyone else know?

Tomorrow I'm going to our other Target and I'll buy the exact same items as today and I'll use my Target GC that I got today.

How is everyone else doing?