12:59 PM

Old Navy Update

This is my favorite find. A nice dark pleated denim skirt, with navy cotton attached under shorts ($3.50) and a cute little white eyelet top ($5). What is it about paying $8.50 for this outfit that makes me love it even more than I would have otherwise?
All 4 peas and I rocked the Old Navy sale bright and early this morning. It was a miserable hour with L throwing epic tantrums, and X being more irritable than usual (he's a man and he hates shopping already). I would not have done it for any other reason than the semi-annual clearance of the clearance sale. It was worth all the gray hairs I acquired in that hour. The big kids needed back to school stuff (we need warm weather clothes 9 months a year here), and I had exactly 2 pairs of shorts that were not maternity. I was a desperate woman. I told B&J what size to look for on the rack, and had them give me everything they wanted that was in their size(s). They were enjoying the freedom to buy whatever their hearts desired. Everything that didn't look like it belonged on a hooker, we bought. B kept handing me strapless tops, because she thought they were skirts. She could not understand why they would make shirts with no arms. I can't really understand it either, at least not for elementary school aged children.L didn't need much (as she's not going back to school and has endlessly stuffed drawers due to having 2 sisters). I did get her beach shoes for our trip ($2.50) and this cute skirt ($3.50) and sweater ($2.50). B's stuff. My favorite are the 2 shirts on the right.J's stuff. My favorite is the outfit on the right.Yay! Some everyday clothes for me (I still need more shirts, but didn't have time to browse). I bought every pair of bottoms they had in a size 0-2...for $6.50 each!!! The white things are a pair of lounge pants which I am currently lounging in. They are my new favorite pants. If I could wear them out in public I would have bought 10 pairs and worn them everyday (especially at the price of $3.50).

Total spent: $115...(29 items)
average price per item: $3.96 (some double that, some half that)

Cons of the sale: I did not see anything cute for baby X. The boys items were slim pickings in general, as was the size 2t for L. The bottoms were somewhat slim pickings for the big girls also. So, I will just need to pick up a couple of pairs of shorts or capris for them to balance out their existing wardrobes for back to school. Luckily they still have quite a few bottoms that fit nicely. I also still need to get them new school shoes.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i've been meaning to get to old navy for days now, and i didn't even know about the sale! thanks, now i really need to go!!

superherotrainer said...

You have got to love deals like that! Glad you were able to hit the sale. When we went shopping on our trip Retep got a taste of what it was like to shop with four children (and there were two of us). He was utterly amazed that I was able to do it as often as I did while he was gone. I think his exact words were "It's insane trying to shop with four monkeys." So here's to you for shopping with four children, you rock!!!

Erika said...

Thanks. I bow to the queen though. Because you have it much harder. Shopping with boys is definitely harder. I've seen you do it. My big girls were fine. They went through the racks and picked out their own stuff, and tried to help wrangle L. It was just the little 2 that put up a major fight.