2:46 PM

Free Walgreens Diapers

I am not one to buy generic diapers...I always buy Huggies or Pampers as long as I can get them for $5 per jumbo pack or less. But it doesn't really count as buying them, when they were free. So, I got 6 bags of diapers for negative 32 cents total. I planned to buy the kids water guns while I was there...so I used my Register Rewards that printed on the diapers, since I was going to spend that $ anyway.

I don't feel like retyping the details. So here is the info from the Bargain Hunter Lady.

"Buy 3 packages of Walgreens brand Jumbo diapers–on sale for $5.99 this week

Use $5/2 EasySaver coupon–this should take $2.50 off each pack of diapers
Use $2/1 Savings Book coupon–this should take $2 off each pack of diapers
Spend $4.47 plus tax out of pocket
Get $5 Register Rewards back
Free after coupons and Register Rewards!"

So I just pulled out the coupon from the July Easy Saver book at the front of the store...got the 3 packs I wanted...she rang me up...then she pulled the extra Savings book coupon out from under the register and scanned it (I didn't even ask when I didn't find it near the pharmacy counter). My total was $4.84 and a $5 Register Reward printed. I repeated one more time. Then, I used my Register Rewards to pay for the water guns.

2 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

A couple questions on this deal...
The Easy Saver coupon says that there is a limit of two items per coupon. Do you use two of these coupons then?
Also - Where is the Savings book coupon? I'm new to this stuff and don't know where to find that.
Thanks!

Erika said...

While it does say that, you just give them one and the register automatically takes $2.50 off of each pack anyway. That's how Walgreens registers/coupons work. The limit seems to be more of a suggestion, in case the individual store wants to enforce it...they have that option. The savings book coupon is in some type of savings book that they give you at the Pharmacy if you ask about their prescription drug plan or something like that. Some people report they are just sitting on the counter. Some people just asked about it at the pharmacy and were given the booklet. I didn't ask when I didn't see it out, but my regular cashier at the cosmetics counter seemed to know about the coupon and was keeping the booklet under the counter. She pulled it out and scanned it without me even saying anything about it. I've heard others report their cashiers doing the same thing. That coupon took off $2 for every package as that is how the registers handle store coupons. The $5 RR will print out when you pay, and they will hand it to you with your receipt. Register Rewards can be used on basically anything...like cash with minor exceptions (alcohol, etc)