6:10 PM

I'm behind on bargains

I'm having a pathetic run at bargain hunting lately. I did make one run to Walgreens this week to get a ton of free Mr. Clean wipes. I could have done a lot of other deals, but didn't have the mojo.

I paid off my freezer this month. Yay for me. It only took me 2 payments, and I did it out of my grocery budget with a little bit thrown in from my job.

Now on to my next fun challenge. I try my best not to spend money out of our regular account. This helps my husband maximize our debt payments every month. Having 3 kids and spending 5 years in grad school has a way of racking up the debt. Luckily, that phase of life is over. So, I work part time from home, and I add those checks to my personal spending account, where my grocery & gas budget are also deposited every 2 weeks.

So what is my new fun challenge? We decided that with all the medical bills from having baby X (just his NICU bill for 3 night/4 days was $29,000, not to mention my c-section bill plus 4 nights in the hospital...thank goodness for good insurance), we could not really afford to take a vacation this summer. So, I decided to finance a little vacation myself. I'm planning to do this by amping up my bargain hunting for the next couple of months, and working quite a few shifts during the late afternoon/early evening, in a supervisory capacity over the next month or so.

I got a great deal on a new 3 bedroom/ 3 bath condo at a resort in Destin FL. So, I booked it for 5 nights. I'm hoping my parents will be able to join us. If you are looking for a great deal...go here. I only paid $179 per night, which for 3bdrm/3 bath and brand new is awesome. The great prices are only good for a few more days though. So, if you happen to want to go...book now. Oh and it comes with a $50-$100 gift card for 5-7 night stays.

Hopefully, I will have some deals to post as I embark on my goal to raise the $1k I need to pay for this hotel stay.

2 comments:

emilyw said...

You are going to LOVE Destin! I'm sure you have experience already. We had such an amazing time last month! Wow, every time we go to FL, I slowly convert to being a FL lover. :)

Lara said...

I found this offer today. I don't have any babies at home but thought you and others might be interested. It's for a free Playtex BPA free bottle.
http://www.playtexbaby.com/bpafree/info.html