3:35 PM

Walgreens Kelloggs Deal

I restocked my house with groceries today. The kids have been making it impossible to bargain hunt at full capacity, so I just mainly used the sale ads, and clipped a few coupons. I got all of my produce, dairy, and meat from HEB. Items of note...baby back ribs $2.79/lb, pork tenderloin $2.97/lb, seedless grapes 99c/lb, and vine ripe tomatoes $1.99/lb (they haven't been much cheaper all summer).

Kroger has Blue Bell Ice Cream (half gallon) for $3.99. My stock up price is $3, so I only got 3. With the full price being around $5-6 lately...$3.99 was not too shabby. I also picked up free Pillsbury rolls & french loaf using the .35 cent coupons from the 7-13-08 Smart Source insert. I finally used my $2.25 off Electrasol coupon that was about to expire (on sale for $2.89). Also, buy one get one free boneless skinless chicken breasts (equates to $2.50/lb). I haven't been able to find these any cheaper recently so I caved and paid the extra 50 cents/lb over my usual stock up price of $2/lb. And finally, there have been several General Mills coupons out recently, so I used $1/2 coupon for 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios at $2.69 per box (not a great price but I'm low on cereal).

Lastly, there was a special Kelloggs insert in this week's paper. It coincides with a Walgreens Register Reward Deal...

Buy $10 in participating Kelloggs products and get a $5 RR. My Walgreens was pretty cleaned out, but I did manage to get 2 boxes of Nutrigrain Bars, and 2 boxes of Special K with red berries....4/$10 minus $2 in coupons from the insert, earned $5 RR (breaks down to 4/$3 final if you want to look at it that way). Now, in the special Kelloggs insert there is a mail in rebate for $10 when you buy 10 participating products. My Walgreens was too cleared out to get 10 items though, so I passed on that for now. The rebate states that all items need to be on one receipt.

0 comments: